Who is SMEI?
SMEI Positioning Statement
Sales & Marketing Executives International (SMEI) is the worldwide organization dedicated to ethical standards, continuing professional development, knowledge sharing, mentoring students and advancing free enterprise. Since no other worldwide executive sales and marketing associations exist, SMEI fills a void by providing a personal and professional community devoted to providing knowledge, growth, leadership and connections between peers in both sales and marketing. With over 10,000 members around the world, members benefit from both the strength of an international organization and the resources that international affiliates provide through professional certification preparatory programs.
Sales & Marketing Executives International is the worldwide organization dedicated to ethical standards, continuing professional development, knowledge sharing, mentoring students and advancing free enterprise.
The Profession: SMEI is the acknowledged thought leader that advances the contribution of the sales and marketing profession to the success of organizations worldwide.
The Member: SMEI is respected by its members, their companies and the business community for dedication to, and practice of its Five Founding Principles™.
The Community: SMEI embodies ethical sales and marketing professionals who contribute to their community.
SMEI OFFERS THE FOLLOWING CERTIFICATIONS
SMEI operates on its Five Founding Principles™
ALL SMEI’s activities are guided by five founding principles, designed to strengthen principles and practice of the profession.
1. Professional Standards and Identification. The improvement of the standards for professional selling, sales management and marketing, in order to establish sales and marketing as a recognized profession.
2. Continuing Education. The planning and implementation of monthly meetings of the membership to enable members to keep up-to-date with changes in the marketplace and to grow as professionals. The planning and implementation of organized training programs for professional selling, sales management, and marketing.
3. Sharing Knowledge. The establishment of discussion forums, for example, shirt sleeve seminars, and roundtable meetings which enable members to share sales and marketing experiences and knowledge.
4. Assist Students. The establishment of programs to work with students at the high school and college levels to enable them to understand the excellent career opportunities in the sales and marketing profession. This objective ultimately led to the current SMEI sponsored programs with DECA, Inc.
5. Support the Free Enterprise System. In recognizing that sales and marketing is the energizing force that drives the competitive marketplace, SMEI has always been committed to supporting the free enterprise concept.